If you’re shopping around for a Vitamix, chances are you’ve heard the term “refurbished Vitamix“. Now, you might wonder whether this would be a good alternative to getting a complete new blender.
Luckily, many people have the same questions. So, if you want to know the answer to the following questions:
- “What is a refurbished Vitamix?”
- “What does the Vitamix reconditioned program do?”
- “Is a refurbished model as good as a new one?”
- “How many years warranty do you get on refurbished models?”
- “How big of a discount can you get?”
- “What is the best place to get a refurbished Vitamix?”
Then I invite you to read this article. I will answer each and every question that you have. And is there a question that you that is not in this list? Then feel free to add your question in the comments! I’d love to help you out with any concerns you might have about refurbished Vitamix blenders.
So, without further ado. Let’s dive into this list of questions!
What is a refurbished Vitamix?
A refurbished Vitamix is simply a Vitamix that has been repackaged so it can be sold again. Now the words reconditioned and refurbished are generally used interchangeably between each other. And they do both mean the same thing.
A reconditioned Vitamix is a Vitamix blender that has been used before (although – many blender are just used for demonstrations. In that case you get a Vitamix that really is as good as new). And sometimes the Vitamix was just used by a customer for a couple of times, before they sent it back.
Now, you might be wondering – “if Vitamix blenders are so good, then how come there are reconditioned Vitamix blenders available?” And that is a completely logical question. Now, the answer here is quite easy to understand:
- As said before, many Vitamix blender are used in demonstrations and photo shoots. Which means that they are out of the box. When the official Vitamix packaging has been opened, Vitamix considers these blenders as used (in reality, they are as good as new), and they get the label ‘refurbished’.
- Vitamix offers a 30 day ‘risk-free’ trial period. If somebody doesn’t like the machine, they can send it back and get all their money back including shipping). So, what happens many times is that somebody buys on impulse, and later regrets (because they maybe don’t have the money). Or when a spouse finds out, and wants to return the blender. When this happens, the blender is also labeled as refurbished.
What does the Vitamix certified reconditioned program mean?
Now that you know when a blender gets the refurbished label, it’s important for you to know what exactly happens when the blender goes through the Vitamix certified reconditioned program. Here’s what happens to the blender before you buy a refurbished Vitamix:
- Regardless of the condition, the following items are always replaced: pitcher, lid and tamper. All the other parts of the blender are very carefully inspected to see if they show any sign of wear or tear. If they do – they are directly replaced.
- This ensures that each refurbished Vitamix works as well as any new Vitamix you would buy!
- Other things that might differ – the packaging might be re-used. This is not a problem, since it does not affect the blender itself. but when you receive your refurbished Vitamix, you might notice this.
So, should you get a refurbished Vitamix?
Like I said before, each refurbished Vitamix has gone through a deliberate testing procedure to make sure it works as new. Therefore, getting a refurbished model is like getting a new model – except that you get a better deal.
Refurbished models works as new, but their prices are lower. The only thing is that the appearance might be slightly scratched. So if you’re looking to give the Vitamix as a present – I’d recommend you buy a new model.
However, if you just want to use the Vitamix for yourself, then getting a refurbished Vitamix gives you the best deal!
Another small difference is that, instead of the standard 7 year warranty on new models, you get a 5 year warranty. Now, I have not yet met anyone who made a fuss out of this. Since, 5 years is still a long time. And 2 years less warranty is a very good deal for the lower price.
Oh, and did I tell you that the 30 day trial also works for refurbished models? Well, it does. So that means that you can try out your Vitamix without problems. And if you don’t like it – you can simply return it.
Benefits of getting a refurbished Vitamix
- works as good as any new Vitamix
- but you get it for a lower price
- 5 year warranty
Where can you get a good refurbished Vitamix?
I’ve found that Amazon does a great job at offering good deals for refurbished Vitamix blenders. And on top of that, you probably already are familiar with Amazon. Vitamix has an official account on the site, so you can easily and safely order your refurbished Vitamix!
Here’s an overview of the best refurbished models that I found. Feel free to take a look and see if you like one:
The Black version of the Vitamix Certified Reconditioned 5300 Blender, comes with a BPA-free container, 5 year warranty and 30 day trial!
P.S. Refurbished Vitamix blenders work as good as new. Click here to see which refurbished Vitamix blenders you can find on Amazon.