Making your own bread is considered to be many times healthier than buying commercial bread. Why? Because you can skip on all the additives that large companies add to make it last longer and more crunchy. But buying a bread maker can be a daunting task… which one do you need? Today we’re going to discuss the Zojirushi Virtuoso vs Supreme.
Note: the Zojirushi Supreme is actually called the Zojirushi BB CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme Breadmaker. And the Virtuoso – Zojirushi BB PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso Breadmaker. For ease of reading I have just used Supreme and Virtuoso in this article.
Zojirushi Virtuoso vs Supreme
Both breadmakers are from the same company. And it won’t come as a surprise that they have many similarities. Both can perfectly be used to make high quality bread in the comfort of your own home. Here are the main things that both the Virtuoso and the Supreme have to offer:
- Capacity for 2 pound of rectangular shape loaves of bread
- Blades that knead the bread so you don’t have to do this manually
- Large viewing window so you know exactly at which stage your bread is
- The option to pick light, medium or dark for the crust
- Timer delay (up to 13 hours), so you bread will be baked fresh for you in the morning
- Preprogrammed setting such as bread, dough, wheat, cake – even jam!
- Quick bake settings (program your own preferred baking schedule)
- Instruction manual with tested recipes
- Pan that you can remove to take the bread out (non sticky)
so as you can see both the Zojirushi Virtuoso and Supreme do a great job of making your own bread. Before we dive into the differences I quickly want to talk about the quick bake settings. This allows you to save up to 3 programs how you like to create your own bread. This is great if you have a specific recipe that you want to do more often – but is not included in the regular preprogrammed settings.
For example if you prefer your bread to be in between the medium and dark crush shades – or want it to be more crunchy than normal.
Here’s the difference between de Virtuoso and the Supreme
As the names might suggest, the Supreme can do more than the Virtuoso. Actually, there are 2 differences that make the Supreme different. Here they are:
- The Supreme has an option to make gluten free bread
- The Supreme has a little heater on top so that the upper crust of the bread will be as crunchy as the rest
So those are the differences. And the reason why the Supreme is slightly more expansive than the Virtuoso.
Which should you pick?
The Zojirushi Virtuoso vs Supreme? Which is the better option for you? If you’ve read through this article you probably already know which one you want. Both bread makers are great options if you’re looking for a quality bread maker. The main difference is that the Supreme can make gluten free bread – so if you are gluten intolerant (or your body doesn’t do well on it), then I recommend you pick the Supreme. In any other case, the Virtuoso is probably sufficient for daily use.
P.S. the main difference between the Zojirushi Virtuoso vs Supreme is that the Supreme offers the gluten option and is a bit better in general. Buy the Supreme now if you care about healthy bread!